Something Wonky gets a bit fact checky.
The Focus Group looks at how to react to a disaster
Stop the press takes a look at what happens when a news organisation can’t let go of its obsessions
- Julie Posetti gets a new job
- Alex Greenwich labeled “Gay Party Boy” by the Tele
- Sunrise loves Malcolm and Kevin
- Miranda Devine doesn’t see sexism anywhere
- And then tells us why Tony is just like Mitt
Cam Smith tells us what’s stuck in his craw.
And we go once more to the Inbox of Doom
Something Wonky takes a look at the US election.
- What is the electoral collage and why is voting different in every state?
- The “Voter Fraud” Boogey Man
- Ella’s Election Notes
- Fan Letter to certain conservative politicians
The Focus Group combats the culture of entitlement
- Joe Hockey defends the culture of entitlement
- Most homes fail affordability test for households on median income
- Australia tries to excise itself from its own migration zone
Stop the Press ponders life in the Herald Sun building
And another thing! revisits Alan Jones
And Ben Pobjie tells us what’s stuck in his craw.
UPDATE: Who checks the fact checkers, asks Quality Jernalisms, as I get all of his details completely wrong. I don’t know - coastguard?
A brief (well, for us) fill-in episode while Jacob is away.
THE FOCUS GROUP: The ACT election highlights some confusion amongst commentators and politicians about how a parliament works.
And another Dave wonders how parties should deal with voters’ expectations in hung parliaments - should they tell them first who they’ll side with? http://davec.org/2012/10/multi-party-politics/
STOP THE PRESS: Tony Abbott continues his campaign for a permanent seat on the mocked-by-the-world’s-press-for-misogyny council.
And why fact-check your “hey the poor are just too dumb to buy food on the pittance we give them” defence of a payment no-one could reasonably live on? Penbo tells the poor how to buy food cheaply - simply demand to get it for the prices Penbo quotes and supermarkets will hand it over!
Yes, sorry about that… your comments will be revived with the post when it is published with the real episode 17, next Friday. In the meantime… #16 is live, below.