This week on Something Wonky, The Focus Group says “Show me the money”, unless you live in poverty. Goes the biff with visiting dignitaries and ruins lots of things. Stop The Press goes undercover with Sharri Markson and finds leftists everywhere, while 2GB gets a popularity bounce with racists.
The Focus Group
First up, feedback from The Shire.
- Tony Abbott vows to ‘shirtfront’ Vladimir Putin over MH17 tragedy
- Russian official mocks Tony Abbott after threat to ‘shirt-front’ Vladimir Putin and points out that no bi-lateral talks are planned.
- Then Tony backs down and pretends he never threatened Putin
- Australian senator Jacqui Lambie praises Putin’s efforts for ‘world peace’ - Dan Carlin’s Common Sense - Episode 270 - Poking the Bear
Show Me the Money
- Defence service personnel overwhelmingly reject government pay offer - Full Submission
- Prime Minister and Cabinet pay talks off: It’s all too hard
- He who must not be named at the ATO… It’s Eric Abetz
No Money for you
- One in seven Australians living in poverty, according to new report
- Analysis finds it is no accident that federal budget makes the poor pay the most
Separating Church and State
- School chaplaincy program: govt stands firm on excluding welfare workers
- Liberal MP Bernie Finn tells Nine there will be discussions about rolling back abortion laws if #VicCoalition win #VicVotes.
- ‘No reason’ to make Hillsong abuse public, churches told
This week in “What’s wrong with the government”
- George Brandis takes on journalist critics in defence of security laws
- Too little, too late - Anthony Albanese: Labor has gone too far in supporting national security laws
- John Hewson and Malcolm Fraser blast Liberals over ANU divestment backlash
- Shorten says new market mechanism for emissions needed - Immediately blasted with “Carbon Tax” scaremongering.
- Mark Butler MP - Joe Hockey Just Doesn’t Understand Facts
- Laurie Oakes - When Joe Hockey talks, Coalition colleagues wince
- Coalition spends $300k on marketing for counter-terrorism strategy
- Culture wars fizzle out in national curriculum review
Australia versus Humanity
Stop The Press
2GB holds racist singlet giveaway
- Woolworths removes ‘racist’ singlet after complaints
- The Cheap Racist Singlet That Continues To Divide Australia
Sharri Markson goes undercover for The Oz
- Sharri Markson On 2GB with Miranda Devine
- Miranda can’t remember all of her insults
- An unnamed Student whinges about Lefties - Built-in bias of uni courses isn’t good training for journalists | The Australian
- Looking For Some “Media Bias”? Here’s The Premier Of New South Wales Starring In An Ad For The Daily Telegraph
- Bit rich for The Oz to cry indoctrination – Honi Soit