This week on Something Wonky, Gough. And then all of the stuff that’s not as good as Gough, which is pretty much all of Australian politics. And one of our favourite segments returns as Erin Riley takes a turn at What’s Stuck in my Craw.
- Gough Whitlam dead: Martyr for a moment, hero for a lifetime
- PM Tony Abbott leads Parliament’s tributes for Gough Whitlam
- It will always be time.
- ‘Damaging’, ‘costly’, ‘transformative’: how the right remembered Gough Whitlam
- Gough Whitlam’s fiscal legacy using facts
The Focus Group
Governed by Idiots
- ‘Burqa ban’ imposed after anonymous radio rumour reached parliament | Australia news | The Guardian
- Health spending crisis isn’t real
- Australia faces gas price shock
- Green Economy Index 2014: Australia ranked last for leadership
Making Friends Overseas
- Bronwyn Bishop defeated in bid to head international parliamentary group
- Joko Widodo tells Tony Abbott he will not tolerate navy’s incursions
Satire is Dead
- Mathias Cormann calls Bill Shorten an ‘economic girlie man’
- Mathias Cormann denies his ‘economic girlie-man’ insult is sexist
Australia versus Humanity
- Scott Morrison personally intervenes to block claims for permanent asylum
- Manus Island centre may breach PNG constitution, case set for Nov 3
- More delays for Manus asylum seekers as resettlement program goes back to the drawing board.
- Stateless babies, and walking away from the Refugees Convention
What’s Stuck in my Craw
Erin Riley has opinions, and should be able to express them.
- Wendy Squires - Is this man the kind of feminist women need?
- Hits, Shits and Other Bits podcast
Stop The Press
- Barry Spurr takes online journal to court over racist, sexist emails
- THE TRANSCRIPTS: The Partial Works Of Professor Barry Spurr. Poet, Racist, Misogynist | newmatilda.com
- Private Mail, Public Burning — Quadrant Online